The New Jersey Association for Behavior Analysis (NJABA), an affiliated chapter of the Association for Behavior Analysis, International (ABAI) and an affiliate of the Association of Professional Behavior Analysts (APBA), was founded to promote the discipline of behavior analysis in New Jersey. Our first development meeting was held in 2003 at Rutgers, Douglas Developmental Disabilities Center. Since that time, NJABA became incorporated, earned tax exempt status, elected officers, developed this website, completed a number of newsletter issues, exceeded the 300-member mark (thank you to all members!), and held successful annual conferences and professional workshop days throughout the year.
Autism New Jersey is a nonprofit agency committed to ensuring safe and fulfilling lives for individuals with autism, their families, and the professionals who support them. Through awareness, credible information, education, and public policy initiatives, Autism New Jersey leads the way to lifelong individualized services provided with skill and compassion. We recognize the autism community’s many contributions to society and work to enhance their resilience, abilities, and quality of life.
The Association of Professional Behavior Analysts (APBA) is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote and advance the science-based practice of applied behavior analysis. APBA carries out that mission by:
- Representing the interests of appropriately credentialed professional and paraprofessional practitioners of applied behavior analysis.
- Providing support and resources to appropriately credentialed professional and paraprofessional practitioners of applied behavior analysis.
- Working with federal, state, governmental, and third party entities to enhance recognition and support of appropriately credentialed professional and paraprofessional practitioners of applied behavior analysis.
- Providing resources to professionals and paraprofessionals in other fields and to consumers of behavior analytic services concerning the practice of applied behavior analysis.
- Bringing professionals, paraprofessionals, consumers, and vendors together at national and regional meetings.
- Supporting improvements in and access to services provided by professional and paraprofessional practitioners of applied behavior analysis.
- Promoting public understanding of the professional practice of behavior analysis.
Provides a well-respected, comprehensive website that tackles the array of considerations surrounding autism treatment. The website is the go-to source for research summaries of the full array of autism treatments for families and professionals to make informed choices before considering treatment options. In addition, ASAT offers specific resources for journalists, medical providers, and parents of newly diagnosed children and maintain an active and engaging Facebook page with almost 8,000 fans
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc.® (BACB®) has been the leader in behavior analyst certification for over two decades. The BACB is a nonprofit corporation that was established in 1998 to meet professional certification needs identified by behavior analysts, governments, and consumers of behavior-analytic services. The BACB’s mission is to protect consumers of behavior-analytic services by systematically establishing, promoting, and disseminating professional standards of practice.